"When I found out about Hannah's Socks, I knew it was for me. I remember saying, 'It's a no-brainer everyone can afford a pair of socks....'"
-Shelly Konz, Hannah's Socks volunteer
Hannah's Socks accepts donations of new
clothing essentials including socks and undergarments (T-shirts, briefs, pajamas, etc.) in men's, women's and children's sizes. Then, we distribute them to shelters
in the Toledo, Cincinnati, Southern Michigan and Northern Kentucky metropolitan areas.
Have a donation ready to go?
If you live in Greater Toledo or Greater Cincinnati, you can Find A Drop-Off Point
near you. If you need to make other arrangements, including delivery by USPS/UPS/FedEx, email us
or call (419) 931-4757 and we'll be happy to help you.
Ready to do some good? Download a Sock Drive Packet!
To help you get started collecting socks, we're happy to provide a Sock Drive Packet (click here to download
), which contains ideas, instructions, a fact sheet, a brochure, and a poster.
Why socks matter
See some facts about why socks are so important to peoples' everyday lives
-- especially those who find themselves in a time of need.
How many pairs this year?
The Hannah's Socks leadership team has set a goal to collect 200,000
pairs of socks in 2011. Track our progress in the Sock Counter found on the right side of every page of our website!
Looking for sock-collecting ideas?
- A supporter simply can add a pair of socks to his or her cart the next time they're shopping, and leave it at one of our Drop-Off Points
- A family can ask their friends and neighbors to pool resources and purchase multi-pair packs of socks (here's a great article on throwing a neighborhood Sock Party)
- Schools, churches, and businesses can engage their organizations in high-impact Sock Drives, where many small contributions quickly add up to bags and bags of materials
if you want to share ideas or if you have questions about collecting and donating socks.
Inspired to take action by Hannah's Story
, we quickly learned that of all the materials donated to our partner shelters
, socks and undergarments are given the least and needed the most. They are a 'renewable need' that is constant for their clients, year-'round.
Why don't you accept gently used clothing essentials?
Interested in more ways to help?
- Collecting only new materials allows Hannah's Socks to use its resources most effectively. Instead of laundering and packaging used items, we deliver your donated materials to the people who need them, quickly.
- The clients at the shelters we serve have fallen on hard times and want to make a new start. A few brand new pairs of socks that are theirs and theirs alone can play a part, however small, in building a sense of pride and self-esteem. How do we know? We see this in the eyes of those we help every day.
- While plenty of outstanding organizations already collect gently used clothing, new socks and undergarments are given the least and needed the most. Hannah's Socks exists to fill that vital need.
Learn about making a financial gift
or find out how easy and rewarding it can be to volunteer
. You also can reach us by phone at (419) 931-4757.